Preventive Maintenance by Pilots
Twisted-Wrench LLC Aircraft Maintenance Special Projects
- it is listed in Part 43, Appendix A (c) Preventive Maintenance
- If the work is performed per 43.13
- The Maintenance is recorded per 91.403 (b) and 91.407 (a) (1)&(2)
|The owner/operator may perform Preventive Maintenance if:
|Some highlighted issues with Preventive Maintenance
|Pilots may only perform Preventive Maintenance:
- on aircraft they own or operate. Sorry, can't work on your
- provided it does not involve complex assembly operations
- provided the maintenance is performed per current
manufacturer's maintenance data.
- provided an appropriate maintenance record entry is performed.
- provided an appropriate approval for return to service entry is
made in the records.
|Things you might think a pilot should be
allowed to do but not allowed:
- Change any light bulbs that are not Position Lights or Landing Lights
- Dress nicks in propellers
- Anything on the approved list that is a complex activity on your